If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
Please enter your email and we will send your username and password to you.
Marion County Clerk Valerie Dornberger announced that absentee balloting is available to Marion County residents for the Nov. 8 General Election.
Walk-in absentee balloting will be available through Monday, Nov. 7, 2022.
Qualified registered voters who reside within the city of Hannibal may vote absentee in person at the Marion County collector’s office located at the Hannibal Courthouse, 906 Broadway, weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Voters throughout Marion County, including Hannibal residents, may cast their absentee ballot in person at the county clerk’s office at the Palmyra Courthouse located at 100 S. Main St., Suite 107, Palmyra, weekdays from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Walk-in absentee voting will also be available on Saturday, Nov. 5, starting at 8 a.m. until 12 p.m. at both locations.
By law, absentee ballots can be mailed by contacting the county clerk’s office at 573-769-2549 no later than Wednesday, Oct. 26, at 5 p.m.
Absentee balloting is provided by Missouri Law for any registered voter who expects to be prevented from going to the polls to vote on election day due to:
1. Absence on election day from Marion County;
2. Incapacity or confinement due to illness or physical disability on election day, including caring for a person who is incapacitated or confined due to illness or disability and resides at the same address (NO NOTARY REQUIRED)
3. Religious belief or practice;
4. Employment as an election authority at a location other than my polling place; a first responder; a health care worker; or a member of law enforcement;
5. Incarceration – provided all qualifications for voting are retained.
6. Certified participation in the address confidentiality program established under sections 589.660 to 589.681 because of safety concerns.
With the passage of Missouri HB 1878 there has been a new time period set aside for voters to vote absentee with no excuse.
Voters may cast an absentee ballot with no excuse starting on Tuesday, Oct. 25, through Nov. 7. These voters may vote at either the Hannibal or Palmyra location.
Any person in federal service, who is eligible to register and vote in any election in this state, may vote in the election even if they are not registered. Those in federal service may vote by mail absentee ballot or in person at the Palmyra Courthouse. I
n addition, any person in federal service may also register to vote, and request/receive an absentee ballot through the Military Overseas Voter Access Portal at https://movotesportal.sos.mo.gov.
Registered voters who have changed their place of residence should notify the county clerk’s office in Palmyra at 573-769-2549 as soon as possible in order to obtain a new voter card and polling place.
In addition, a registered voter who has obtained a lawful name change such as a marriage should go to the county clerk’s office to sign all the appropriate paperwork to receive their new voter card.
For additional information or questions, please contact the county clerk’s office at 573-769-2549 or email to: email@example.com.