If you’re a current subscriber, log in below. If you would like to subscribe, please click the subscribe tab above.
Username and Password Help
The Palmyra R-I School District is seeking input about the future direction of the district.
Superintendent Jason Harper said an online survey is now open for all district residents to complete in order to help the district “better understand the concerns, expectations and priorities of local students.”
“We value the input of the local community in the decisions that we make and the future direction of the school district,” Harper said. “The survey is just another tool we are using to gather input from the community.”
To participate in the survey, use the link: bit.ly/PalmyraCommunity or go to the district website and click on the “Palmyra Community Survey” box link.
Harper said the names of all respondents are “completely confidential,” and completing the survey “will provide the board of education with valuable information to help (members) make decisions to ensure the high quality education that our district provides, and our community expects will continue in the future.”
The deadline for completing the survey is Monday, Nov. 28.
The board will be holding its annual retreat Saturday, Dec. 3, at which time members will review results of the survey while prioritizing short and long-term goals for the district.
Some of the questions asked on the survey include:
• How satisfied are you with how the Palmyra R-1 District prepares students for the workplace, addresses student’s needs, maintains facilities, communicates with community members, plans for the future and reflects the values of this community?;
• Regarding the student experience, what should be the district’s key areas of focus in the coming years, including improving student achievement on standardized tests, student’s social/emotional development, quality of teaching staff, school safety and security, hands-on/project based learning experiences, access to cutting edge technology, community service experiences, extracurricular, opportunities, preparing students for the workplace, flexible scheduling of school day/year, expanded summer, school opportunities, dual enrollment with colleges/universities, and collaboration with community/partners?;
• As The Board of Education prepares a strategic plan for the Palmyra R-1 School District, which of the following should be a priority, including improve instructional programming, district facilities, communications with parents and non-parents, school safety and security, student exposure to cutting edge technology, expand summer school offerings, student performance on standardized tests, staff salary and benefits, student discipline and provide online learning opportunities?;
• From your perspective, do you believe the school district assures student voices are heard and respected?;
• From your perspective, do you believe the school district provides school culture and climate data and reports periodically to all stakeholders?;
• Is there another area that you believe should be addressed by the district in the next five years?; and
• If you were to give the Palmyra R-1 School District a letter grade, what would that letter grade be?